Below is a list of COVID-19 precautions ESUMC Prague is taking during its live services on Sundays in December of 2020. We review and update these guidelines as the situation changes.
- The sanctuary is arranged with more chairs than in the past, to allow better spacing between households.
- Individuals may separate chairs for more isolation between households when attendance is large.
- Please maintain a minimum distance of two meters between different households.
- Disinfectant is provided near the door.
- As always, we project the words of the service to the front of the church, so there are no shared hymnals to pose a health risk.
- A camera is set up near the front of the seating area to enable live streaming of the service. It shows the front platform of the sanctuary.
- Please use care to avoid knocking the camera and equipment.
- All individuals are to wear masks/face coverings while in the sanctuary and throughout the service, with the following exceptions:
- The preacher does not wear a mask during the sermon, but stands in the pulpit area with a distance of over three meters from the nearest congregant who is not part of the preacher’s household.
- The preacher wears a mask during the liturgy for the Lord’s Supper.
- The worship leader and music team wear masks. They do not use the pulpit nor the microphone that is used for preaching.
- All individuals may remove their masks shortly at the time of eating bread/drinking juice for the Lord’s Supper.
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of the month.
- We use individual glass cups for the juice, and paper plates for the bread.
- The bread and juice are prepared before the service by an individual who has no indication of infection and using all reasonable care (hand washing, etc).
- Congregants are to approach the communion table while wearing their masks and ensuring a minimum distance of two meters from other households.
- Let congregants exercise care to avoid touching the cups or plates other than the one they select.
- Congregants should move to their seats or other socially distanced area before removing their masks to eat their bread/drink their juice.
- A basket is provided for rubbish.
- Individuals are encouraged to give online using https://esumc.cz/giving/
- To minimize contact through passing an offering basket, we instead have an offering basket near the door of the sanctuary. Congregants can contribute on their way into or out of the service.
For those who still don’t feel comfortable attending worship services in person, or are unable to attend for any reason, each service is also available online via Zoom:
- Meeting ID: 561 309 384
- Password: 071100